Saturday, March 04, 2006

misc photos from my trip to mars


This big fella greeted me every morning outside my hotel! Yehaw!












The Cadillac Ranch

Ten Cadillacs planted in the middle of a field. Don't know why, but it's apparently a tourist spot that can be found on maps. What can I say?
I drove around to find it!








The store where all the Texas men get their big bellies. (not found on map!)











Billboard advertising ticket sales for this year's
NRA Banquet being held in good ole' Amarillo!
Ya'll give 'em a call now---tickets are going fast!
(I nearly wrecked my car twice. First when I saw this hideous sight and second trying to photograph it for blog history!)









Okay, this little gem was found on my first day in Amarillo. At first glance it looked to be a gun supply store. Look a bit closer at the title.
Storytelling?

My evil little Democrat mind started weaving a tale. Picture this. Dick Cheney stopping by to pick up a gun, ammo, and a story to tell in case of an accident while hunting with friends.

Oh, and a safe for all his Halliburton money.

No comments: