Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
reasons to be pretty has been met with critical acclaim and a growing cult following. This Neil LaBute play is not easy on the ears or sensitivities as it opens with an expletive-laden scream- fest that catapults the audience into the fray of a relationship's last breaths.
Eventually the show calms down and the important question of our obsession with physical beauty is addressed. Heart-wrenching realizations and dissolution's of relationships built on sand drive this poignant play.
reasons to be pretty is currently playing at the Lyceum Theatre and is nominated for three Tony Awards next month including Best Actor and Actress in a Play. The photos included in this post are both from the Broadway and Off-Broadway productions.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Here's my take on it: Jon & Kate + fake affair=ratings booster
I'm just sayin'.
I'm also just sayin' that you should be ashamed of yourselves for putting your young family through such drama.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Would it be wrong to smash him in the head with my "Getting Control of Your Anger" book?
I am just sick of the way the media has been handling this whole Dick Cheney vs. Barack Obama farce this week. Let's take a sec and think about this:
- Where in the world was Dick the majority of the time he was actually IN office?
- If the argument is that the Bush administration was doing so much to protect us, then why did we get attacked in the first place?
- Why is it that since Obama was elected we are suddenly and completely unsafe although nothing has been changed as far as procedures of national security are concerned. We are still running things like the Bush Administration did. There hasn't even been time to change anything, so we can't be in more danger.
- The Cheney camp is trumpeting that "the people" should be involved in making the decision regarding our national security. Really? REALLY?! Seems to me that when the GOP was in power, we "the people" were TOLD what to do, what to think, and what to say. Oh and by the way you'll like it too! If you don't you'll be branded a terrorist or unpatriotic.
- Where were you, Dick Cheney, on September 11th? just wonderin'.
- Don't you dare bring up the point that "thousands were killed in the name of terror" when you used that horrible day to orchestrate the killing of tens of thousands in our name. Those people say the same things about us, and rightly so.
- Since when does simulating drowning get filed under "tough questioning"?
- I am insulted that the networks are demeaning Barack by sporting a split screen of him and Cheney all week. This is not a debate people. Obama is our president, not Dick Cheney.
- What does it say about the state of our media when the networks so effortlessly fall into the snare of promoting this ridiculous agenda of Cheney's? How pathetic and sad that no one is willing to grow a pair and say no. Bunch of fucking lemmings.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Let's face it, we've had a love affair with Kelly McGillis that started way back. No one wanted to admit it, but she was rather hot in 1985's Witness, and we swooned as she defended Jodi Foster in The Accused. But, let's all be honest that when she strode into the frame for the first time in Top Gun we all said "Tom who?" I mean really, who are YOU looking at in this photo?
She's been a constant in the filmography of our generation, and recently made every lesbian jump for joy when she appeared on The L Word....
....and publically came out as a lesbian earlier this year. Yay! Gaydar works people!
So now I don't feel so silly thinking she's hot all this time. There was a good reason!
trivia tidbit: Kelly is the former owner of Kelly's Caribbean Bar Grill & Brewery in Key West and could be frequently seen there tending to patrons. I admit to driving by hoping to catch a glimpse, but saw no one in a bomber jacket and apron.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Harriet Walter and Janet McTeer, both nominated for Tony Awards next month, reprise their roles in this Broadway production which had it's first exposure on the London stage to rave reviews and sold out performances. Mary Stuart will play at the Broadhurst Theatre through August 16th.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
- washing the car
- you know, the one that never leaves the drive
- because of a flat tire
- but we keep it anyway because it's a Mercedes
- oh, and it's raining
do you see what I'm dealing with here, people?! Brightest candle on the cake, he is not.
I'll be talking about this show eventually, but right now the real world managed to find me and those window treatments aren't going to hang themselves at the new office...obviously. I've waited and the windows are still bare. huff.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Wanda has been in the news a lot this week due to a hilarious turn at the podium of the White House Correspondents Dinner. Not everyone (read: the Right)* appreciated her jokes about Rush and proceeded to skewer her in the news, but I have a feeling that attention only contributed to the next set of stand-up jokes. Way to make lemonade!
Wanda also became the first openly gay woman of color to speak at the annual event. Another feather in her already heavily decorated cap.
You can see her in many films and defunct sitcoms, but currently she plays the hilarious business partner and "life partner" to Julia Louis Dreyfus on The New Adventures of Old Christine on CBS.*Righties have taken every opportunity to condemn Wanda for her joke, but no one said a peep when Bush himself made jokes about not being able to find WMDs or Bin Laden at one of his Correspondent's dinners. Now let's see...one joke makes fun of a bloated drug addict radio host, the other jokes about sending us into an unnecessary war. Wow, these people have a priority problem.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Dear Across the Street Neighbor:
I'd like to take this opportunity to inform you of a couple of tips for being a good member of a neighborhood community. I hope you will appreciate, enjoy, and possibly use a tip or two.
Your dogs belong to YOU. The entire southeast section of the neighborhood doesn't want to share in the parenting duties, dootie duties, or have to run for their lives as one of your three dogs chase them down the road.
You have a fenced in back yard. I know this for a fact because as I asked you to keep them from leaving presents in MY front yard you sighed pathetically, "I'm trying to put up a fence!" Have you thought of actually using that fenced area for the dogs? I'm quite sure it would contain them. Plus, your retired sleeping neighbors would appreciate it.
So, all that being said, why is it that at 5:20 this morning I hear you calling out into the neighborhood for your dogs? I rolled my eyes and thought bad words about you which is normal. I refrained from calling you my usual pet name " Oaf " You're welcome. But now it's 6:00 and you are again calling/whistling/clapping for them. WTF? So your dogs have been roaming the neighborhood for 40 minutes free to pee, poop, dig, and bark in everyone else's yards, not to mention the fact that not everyone is awake at 5 or 6 am. Truth be known you just woke my lovely from her restful slumber. (shakes fists)
Is it any wonder that you are one of the topics at almost every homeowners association meeting, or that I fling your dog's poop back in your yard every chance I get? I've got enough to clean up in my back yard without worrying about stepping in your dogs cheap ass dog food dooties. Yes, I can tell a difference.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Landed in Orlando and making our way back to Gville as we speak.