Wednesday, January 30, 2008
How uplifting is it to be reminded constantly of the worst day in modern American history?
Pause the music on the sidebar, watch this clip and see how the rhetoric spreads and catches on. Hilarious! It's no wonder his campaign flopped!
I honestly don't know how much less of a fanfare they could have made it. Even as and, after she addressed supporters, a standard on election nights, Matthews and Olbermann kept taking shots.
I am perfectly aware that we currently will have no delegates to seat, but what was the harm in thanking us? She did not campaign here, just like the other Dem candidates, but she did stop by last night to say thanks after a resounding victory votewise. I mean, we, the individual voter do count don't we?
I know I probably have a small chip on my shoulder regarding this issue right now, but it seems no matter what she does it is WRONG. I mean really, when was the last time you heard a positive story come out about her from any news channel. It's just getting old and predictable.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Isn't it nice to know that some people, people you know, are looking to these two injected pillars to help them decide on a PRESIDENTIAL candidate! Yikes!
“Gay men and women ought to have the same rights as heterosexual men and women — to make contracts, to have hospital visiting rights, to join together in marriage, and I don’t understand why it is considered by some people to be a threat to heterosexual marriage…”
I was also extremely happy to hear the question that evolved out of this story as well:
Do Gore's comments push the Democratic party to finally pick a stance?
No parsing. No waffling. Let's hope so.
Watch Al's awesome, inspiring, chest pounding comments here.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
I'm not kidding folks, this is one of Fred's bumper stickers. Unfortunately, I've seen it on trucks right here in town...tsk tsk (sadly shakes head)Now really...did he ever have a chance with this kind of publicity?
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Fast forward to current day, and here we go again. You most likely have heard that Bush has rolled out an economic stimulus plan for us commoners. It could result in and $800 shot into each of our bank accounts. Now, according to his plan, we are expected to run out and spend it, thereby boosting the economy. I won't pretend to understand how me spending even more money at Best Buy helps anyone.
(In truth what should happen is that we all put it into a high yielding money market account and watch it grow into something that can actually be used to help each of us in our later life, because most likely the money is coming right out of the Social Security coffers. fat chance on any of us doing that.)
This whole thing sounds like another case of Bush doing the easy thing as opposed to doing the right thing. Repealing tax breaks for the ultra wealthy, and ending the war are the real answers.
blah blah blah. SSDD.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Thursday, January 10, 2008
- the media has been drooling for this moment. It's a win-win for them in the form of a two pathed storyline. #1 "The Robot Cries" or #2 "An Emotional Wreck" What freedom of choice!!!
- really, Hillary was screwed either way on this lapse of emotionlessness (word?)
- did any of us hear a peep about the fact that Mitt Romney cried THREE times in front of supporters including on "Meet the Press" in the last couple of months? Hmmmm...?
- do you think the emotion Hillary shared set her up for this moment?
- We will never be able to elect the first female president, whether it's Hillary or not, as long as we continue to choose the side of cattiness, hypocrisy, and insecurity. Women could very well be the group that puts Hill in the White House, but we could also be the group that eats it's own. Case in point: Maureen Dowd
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
If you don't have the experience, just avoid the topic. It works for Mike Huckabee.