I am just sick of the way the media has been handling this whole Dick Cheney vs. Barack Obama farce this week. Let's take a sec and think about this:
- Where in the world was Dick the majority of the time he was actually IN office?
- If the argument is that the Bush administration was doing so much to protect us, then why did we get attacked in the first place?
- Why is it that since Obama was elected we are suddenly and completely unsafe although nothing has been changed as far as procedures of national security are concerned. We are still running things like the Bush Administration did. There hasn't even been time to change anything, so we can't be in more danger.
- The Cheney camp is trumpeting that "the people" should be involved in making the decision regarding our national security. Really? REALLY?! Seems to me that when the GOP was in power, we "the people" were TOLD what to do, what to think, and what to say. Oh and by the way you'll like it too! If you don't you'll be branded a terrorist or unpatriotic.
- Where were you, Dick Cheney, on September 11th? just wonderin'.
- Don't you dare bring up the point that "thousands were killed in the name of terror" when you used that horrible day to orchestrate the killing of tens of thousands in our name. Those people say the same things about us, and rightly so.
- Since when does simulating drowning get filed under "tough questioning"?
- I am insulted that the networks are demeaning Barack by sporting a split screen of him and Cheney all week. This is not a debate people. Obama is our president, not Dick Cheney.
- What does it say about the state of our media when the networks so effortlessly fall into the snare of promoting this ridiculous agenda of Cheney's? How pathetic and sad that no one is willing to grow a pair and say no. Bunch of fucking lemmings.