Wednesday, April 19, 2006

For those four of you that read my blog, I submit to you a snippet of one of my favorite blogs. I have referred to Groomzilla on occasion and his site is one I check daily, but in case you haven't had a chance to go digging through his recent posts, this cut and paste will at least peak your curiosity to see what other gems are hidden within. Let me set the scene with a bit of info. Groomzilla and his partner, M., live in NYC and are preparing to marry in June in Wellfleet, MA.
For the past few months he has documented his many trials, tribulations, neurosis, paranoias, fears, and joys on his site. The following is the last paragraph of an entry that had the two of us in tears of hilarity. I smile every time I think about it.

"The upside of the story is that, between my crippled tooth and my prostatitis and my broken calf and my overwhelming addiction to fiber pills and my bad back, it is readily apparent that I will be the oldest gay groom to ever step foot in Wellfleet, a distinction which will surely land my photo below the fold on the front page of the Wellfleet Daily News as I am pulled down the aisle in a wagon, waving to the crowd and getting my frail arm tangled in my oxygen tubing, but waving all the same. Until I get a cramp, which will probably be about halfway down the aisle, at which point I'll need a nap and some Ensure pudding."
Doesn't this photo say it all?

No comments: