Tuesday, April 04, 2006

hypocrite

I had a conversation with someone today that is beginning to epitomize the very reason why I can't stand Republicans. Especially those that want to be all cool and have gay friends and pretend they are sooo accepting of others, not racist, not homophobic, blah blah blah...

This person, who I have always thought was pretty open-minded and generally someone on 'my' side when it came to civil rights for all, shocked the hell out of me in 2004 when I spotted a W sticker on her car. That was the first nail. Okay, I can understand that people have different views than myself. It's a bit hard to swallow the fact that those who claim to love me and my spouse can vote for a prick like Bush, but I am passed it.

For the second time today, I had a conversation with this person regarding "Brokeback Mountain". She has brought the movie up a couple of times probably because she can talk gayly about it with me. Again, today, she made the comment that she really liked the movie but the scene in the tent just really made her "sick", and if they had left it out she would have thought more of the movie and liked it better altogether. Now, not 10 minutes earlier she claimed how much she would love to watch "The L Word", but "Queer as Folk" was gross and she just couldn't stand to watch it. "I don't know, just something about two guys together is gross!"
No. You just want the cool points that go along with having gay friends, but by no means should we have any intimacy or affection toward each other. As long as we remain sexless, we are okay and free to be.
All this from someone who on more than one occasion has made coy/slutty remarks regarding the fact that she and her husband can hardly find time to have sex seeing as they have three kids. Woe is you. (BTW--Sex is how that shit keeps happening)
Okay, that grosses ME out! Why is it okay to talk to me about that, but think it's okay to criticize a movie that has every right to be seen and whose message desperately needs to be heard.
Same old shit. Different Republican.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A woman who admits she doesn't have much time for sex makes her slutty? That doesn't make much sense.