Tuesday, April 25, 2006

"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes"


I don't know how many of you are Dixie Chicks fans, but I do know that most of you reading this are of the same political mind as myself. That being said, I feel like you may enjoy the latest single by the Chicks, "Not Ready to Make Nice"

With just the 30 second snippet from iTunes, I immediately bought the single and can't get it out of my head. I saw the powerful video yesterday and I can't begin to explain how many different ways the words to this song hit me; personally and politically. I fight tears every single time I play it.

You can hear the entire song on the Chicks website. The single is available for those of you with iTunes. The CD drops on May 23rd. I plan to buy several copies just because it feels right.

Country radio continues to try to ignore this group. This new single is being ignored by many.
If you hear the song and think it deserves to be played, make a call to your local country radio station and request it. It will only take you a minute and you can feel good about speaking up for people who are not afraid to speak their minds.

No comments: