Saturday, May 13, 2006

"Hey You Guys!!"

Raise your hand if you rushed home everyday after school to watch "The Electric Company"



I am sooo excited that I found the 4-disc DVD of the best of The Electric Company at Best Buy!
We had 5 channels to watch when I was growing up. Three VHF and two UHF. (If you are right now wondering what in the world I am talking about, close this window and come back after you have asked a grown up about or researched the ins and outs of television signal frequency.) Channel 24 was our public television station and ran what seemed to be a continuous loop of Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Sesame Street, and The Electric Company. I'm sure they ran more, but I was obsessed with these three. As I got older, the three shows would become two and the two would become one and, eventually I no longer watched. Sadly, you outgrow each of the shows as maturity sets in.
Now that senility is beginning to set in, I can watch my DVDs and reminisce about fuzzy reception, after school snacks, lying on the carpeted floor on my belly in front of the tv, and rabbit ears.
Good times.

No comments: