Thursday, May 25, 2006

wowee!


Wow!

It has been a long time since an artist came out with something that I #1 immediately loved, #2 enjoyed more than 80% of the entire CD, #3 and couldn't wait to tell EVERYONE to buy it!!
Huge criteria, I know. But hey, I expect a lot from artists and their music!

The Dixie Chicks latest CD, "Taking the Long Way" is absolutely stupendous! From the title song, and first track, they completely won me over. I think when you are as talented as these women are, it is difficult to sound bad, (but we know everyone has the capacity to put out a stinker or two.) That being said, this may be the best release from the Chicks to date. I think they have made their point, beautifully, and at the same time continued to speak their mind, keep their integrity intact and, I believe, make new fans and revive some of the old!
The rest of the flapping mouths can suck on dis! If you don't want to suck on dis, then just take a listen to "Bitter End", it's for you!

"What happened to the ones we knew,

as long as I'm the shiniest star, Oh there you are

Farewell to old friends, lets raise a glass the the bitter end

Farewell to old friends, we'll still be here

when you come 'round again"

No comments: