Friday, June 02, 2006

a few pet peeves of a doctor's assistant/office manager

  • getting what you want from the doctor, and then negotiating payment with me at the front via pleas of "Can you hold this for a week?" "Can I pay for two next time?" That shit doesn't fly at Wal-Mart you manipulative ass, and it shouldn't fly anywhere else. How shameful. If you don't have it, don't come in.
  • rude people deciding that the front lobby bathroom of a healthcare provider's office is a grand place to take a shit every single time they enter the building. And not utilize the air freshener, not that it would help in some cases. Again with the shame.
  • chronic reachers who feel the need to invade my private space, TRY to use my pens/pencil and--- gasp---touch things on my desk. My response: back the fuck up. My personal space is VERY big. There is a humongous cup of pens on the counter. You don't need mine. Keep your hands to yourself (see response #1)
  • saunter-in-whenever-you-feel-like-it-with-no-respect-for-the-doctor's-time-people
  • "The traffic is terrible! I can't believe how late it made me." OK, this flies ONE time! The construction in our neck of the woods has been happening for weeks now. Get it through your dense skull: Leave enough time for traffic. If you are early for your appointment, she will most likely take you in early! You know we are on time--how about you trying it now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That traffic bullshit excuse is so very tired!!! I feel your pain! bh

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.