Thursday, June 15, 2006

It feels like I haven't posted in a long time. Busy busy.
We went to Charlotte two weekends ago for my nephew's 8th Grade graduation party. Had a really fun time actually. Very tired and worn out from the whirlwind travel and all of the hype that goes with visiting family. All good though.

As is the case since last October, I am still preoccupied with my incessant itching. I can't seem to find an answer or remedy. I had to resort to Allegra finally to give me some relief in the last two weeks, although it really doesn't help a tremendous amount. It has been quite a journey with very little revelation as to why I am plagued with this continual need to scratch. It has been a great lesson in patience and willpower. Not to mention eye opening in regards to the evils of Prednisone.

My latest attempt at solution is acupuncture. I went Tuesday for my first visit. Interesting. More interesting was the fact that I had no itching while the needles were in. In fact, I had very little itching for the rest of the day. The next morning I started up again, so I think that is some progress. After the exam and needles, she put pressure point seeds on my ears for me to press a few times a day and used a method called cupping to remove the bad energy from me that was loosened by the needles. Again interesting. I look like I have been attacked by an octopus!
By now I have been through a lot. So far, everything I have don to myself is either able to be hidden by clothing, or thrown down the biohazard chute! Aside from the little seeds on my ears currently, you'd think everything was fine with me. Who knows what is in store for me at today's appointment.
To be continued...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gah! You sure know how to get yer party on!