Friday, November 03, 2006

off my chest

Fired off this email today. Makes me feel better at least.


American Red Cross,

I have chosen to unsubscribe from your newsletters due to news I heard recently regarding donations.

I find it hard to believe that at a time of need, the American Red Cross put politics ahead of urgency and refused a 1 million dollar donation from The Dixie Chicks. Hard to believe, heartbreaking and extremely telling.

I myself have been involved in fundraising efforts for both September 11th and Hurricane Katrina which were directly donated to the Red Cross. God forbid tragedies like those happen again, but if they do, you can be assured that I will be sending our efforts to other organizations ready to receive money from everyone---equally.

Please unsubscribe me from your mailing list.

Sincerely,
Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx
Gainesville, FL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay. You must be kidding? I can't even believe this!!! BH

g8rlane said...

Sadly, I am not kidding! Apparently, the Red Cross is just flush with funds!! Who knew?!