Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Okay, I know I'm a geek, but I found the most intriguing site last week that, to me, is pretty cool and exciting. It's called Layer Tennis and this is it in a nutshell:

Two artists (or two small teams of artists) will swap a file back and forth in real-time, adding to and embellishing the work. Each artist gets fifteen minutes to complete a “volley” and then we post that to the site. A third participant, a writer, provides play-by-play commentary on the action, as it happens. The matches last for ten volleys and when it’s complete we declare a winner.


It really is fun and exciting to see what these artists can do in a span of 15 minutes per volley. The next match is Friday 2pm Chicago time. Check it out! If you can't catch it live you can still see the results. You can see results of earlier matches as well.
Just thought I'd share.

No comments: