Sunday, December 30, 2007

I know it seems like I am a bit obsessed with the recent assassination of Benazir Bhutto. (I hear the whispers.)
Maybe I am. But, these events have made me think about the adversity that greets those who want to affect change. Just take a moment to think of those in history that have been assassinated. Lincoln, Kennedy, King, Kennedy...it just makes me sad that another voice has been silenced, and worried for those who are still brave enough to speak for what is right.

I know that Bhutto's administration wasn't perfect. No politician, no matter where in the world, is perfect and clean. I think what matters is the intention. What are the intentions of our current leaders vs. the intentions of those willing to bring about change?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grief is not an obsession.
-revday