Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Brain: the last 20 days



Since I have been away for weeks due to the queasiness of my PC, you can imagine that I have had a plethora of thoughts running through my crazy little brain and no outlet in which to dump them. So, I decided to just start a bullet point list of random thoughts that have occupied my brain lately. Disclaimer: As you read, keep in mind the official descriptor used for this site. Insanity and Lucidity...


  • Don't put too much faith in the tech support desk at any given computer store. Even though you have stood at the counter describing, gesturing, and making sample noises most likely things will end up like they do at the car mechanic. They will hand you back your keys/computer and say "We didn't find anything."

  • I think the media has done a fairly decent job informing us of the dangers of Superbugs created from the overuse of antibiotics. However, the REAL Superbug problem is happening outside due to our overuse of flea and tick control for our pets! We have been battling fleas and ticks here like some jungle in the Congo! Awful!

  • I have rediscovered my smoldering love for the Far Infrared Sauna.

  • Prepping for a garage sale is awful. Gazing on a pile of crap soon to leave your house is glorious!

  • Watching my girl writhe around in the discomfort of a 103 fever is awful. The number 99 never looked so good.

  • As my stress level rises, my compassion for others plummets in direct proportion. My brain screams "Save yourself!" way too quickly.

  • The compassion afforded a healthcare provider when she is sick is limited to one week. If said healthcare provider cannot snap out of the crisis in said week, the masses of needy don't give a shit anymore, and sit on ready to resume the endless suckage of life and energy from the doctor even if her tank is only 25% full. Nice.

  • There are talented people all around us. When you see a person on the street, you may never know their talents.

  • Buy, rent, or download "Charlie Wilson's War" Well done, Julia is gorgeous, Tom is brilliant, our government is full of idiots hell-bent on repeating bad history.

  • Due to my involvement in the God of War video games lately, I have decided that Greek Mythology is pretty freakin' awesome!

  • We have eaten our weight in quesadillas lately. Unless you are ready to eat them for a month solid, don't even buy the ingredients and a special little flat pan that perfectly fits the tortilla and makes a perfect little pocket of cheesy-black-beany love! Don't do it I say!

  • Awakening to your life's purpose is hard. Keeping one's ego in check: harder

  • Daytime TV used as entertainment while one is sick is useless. We have 500 channels worth of crap. If you are ever in need of crap, just tune in to cable TV during the day and there you go...a whole lot of crappy crap. I can't understand it when news stories tout that the average American watches 29 hours of television per week. That is over 4 hours per day and a whole of of housewives in desperation, stars who dance, and Americans that want to be idolized. (Pipe down everyone looking up stats on adults who play video games...easy now!)
  • Life as a shut-in/recluse doesn't sound so bad on most days...eeek!

No comments: