Thursday, May 29, 2008

contract renewals


I think family relationships should come with a yearly contract renewal option. I mean, at any moment friends, lovers, bosses terminate relationships, but families just keep hanging on. Just think of it...
Let's say that this is the year that your family was just awful, drama-filled, unsupportive, bigoted, whatever...you fill in the blank. Don't you think it would be great to be able to say, "Hey this really isn't working for me. I think I'd like to take a break and we can revisit this relationship next year at the same time and see if either of us missed it"

I think that would be such a great way to either rid yourself of relationships that are just bogging you down, OR it may give you the opportunity to actually appreciate someone in your life after a long separation and break. I guess you'd have to be prepared at any moment for someone to approach you and want a non-renewal. I'm game.

No comments: