Thursday, August 28, 2008

18 million cracks

After watching Hillary give the keynote address Tuesday night at the Democratic National Convention, the word 'wow' just kept coming to mind.
Had I not watched a delayed Tivo of Hillary's speech, you would have been looking at a different face for this week's Wowee Wednesday.
I watched Hillary deliver what may have been the most important, galvinizing speech of her career all the while her heart and many viewer's hearts were breaking, including mine. The entire time she spoke with confidence, grace, eloquence and purpose. All the while nudging us like a mother bird towards our apparent candidate Barack Obama so we can fly to new heights and victory in November. I think this speech will make that even more inevitable.

After watching the speech I felt so proud that I had the opportunity to cast my vote for this strong woman and because of her, I will get to cast votes for more strong women running for president in the future.
This afternoon as I watched her release her delegates, move to stop the roll call and declare Barack Obama as our nominee I couldn't help fight a lump in my throat. Again, I was so proud.

It has been such a pleasure to watch this woman make history over and over again in the last year.
Thanks, Hillary.
“If you hear the dogs, keep going. If you see the torches in the woods, keep going. If there's shouting after you, keep going. Don't ever stop. Keep going. If you want a taste of freedom, keep going.” --Hillary Clinton on Harriet Tubman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still think she would make the best president. She is amazing. bh