I guess I will begin by referring to the tattered piece of paper I have been scribbling on in the car for the last few days in attempt to keep up with the hilarity that is John McCain's choice for VP, Sarah Palin.
- The idea that McCain's choice of Sarah Palin is a nod of respect to Hillary voters and more importantly to women in general is offensive and disrespectful. As Debbie Wasserman-Schlutz so grandly put it "I know Hillary, and Sarah Palin is no Hillary"
- Amen to bullet #1. Palin is fervently Pro-Life, Pro-Drilling, Pro-Gun, Pro-It's-Not-Global-Warming, Pro-Capital Punishment, Pro-Creationism, Anti-Gay Marriage, and most delightfully Pro-Abstinence. (see next bullet for the delight)
- Sarah Palin's 17-yr-old daughter is pregnant by her high school boyfriend. Whoopsie!
- Palin's "vast" experience consists mainly of two mayoral terms for a town of roughly 8500 and then won election as the Governor of Alaska in 2006. So, that figures to be about 8 yrs in service to be generous not including city council, PTA, and Bake Sale Chairwoman.
- McCain is so far removed from the masses that he truly believes that women will be delighted to vote for Palin. This logic reduces the assumed political knowledge of women down to whether or not a candidate has a vagina.
- And now, for the piece de resistance, the cherry on top, the coup de gras: