Thursday, November 06, 2008

post-election withdrawal

Doesn't it feel good to wake up today and know that our country will soon be in the hands of someone who has a plan, someone who surrounds himself with people who want a better America, someone who reads, someone who is curious, someone who cares? What a wonderful feeling.
Yesterday was pretty much a blur and reserved for the election hangover I thought I might experience. We rescheduled work so we could stay up all night and watch the results roll in. I had no idea it would be such an early evening, and I am not complaining. I just can't hang with the all-nighters anymore. More importantly, it was nice to go to sleep at a decent hour knowing who won. It actually felt like election nights are supposed to feel. Complete. Decided. Shenanigan-free.
I can't imagine how the media is going to shift gears after following things so closely for the last year+. I find it hard to shut off that part of my brain and I'm just a regular news watcher. In the last few months I have posted over 40 times about this election and my outrage/hope for our future. This blog was born from my frustration with the government and Bush in particular. I needed a place to rant and spew my thoughts. I was encouraged by my lovely to just get the thoughts, hopes and fears out via my fingertips. It has been a great thing, but wouldn't it be great if I never had to rant about anything political again? Pie in the sky, Brain, pie in the sky...

1 comment:

Bren B said...

I'm still in POG over the election. Been smiling for days.....