Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today's the Day

I woke up at 2:30 am this morning and wondered if Barack and Michelle were actually sleeping. If so, how in the world?! I'm not even involved or present. Heck I don't even have the day off and I can't sleep!

Now that I'm up and have had the chance to see what is happening in DC, I sure hope they got some sleep because this is only part of what is waiting for them today:
Absolutely incredible. Before the ceremonies start, millions of people from all over the world will fill the Mall in Washington, temperatures hovering in the high teens, wind chill in the single digits, all in effort to be a part of history as it unfolds. America and the world are desperate to feel good again. Yearning to feel proud again. Longing to look ahead with hope and confidence.

What a day.

No comments: