Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Wowee Wednesday

Diana Krall Diana Krall is just mesmerizing to me. The girl is brilliant, beautiful, and don't even get me started on the voice. Buttah. I find it quite fascinating when the entertainment industry presents us with someone beautiful, smart , AND talented. That actually could have been the name of this feature, but Beautiful, Smart, and Talented Wednesday just doesn't have the same punch as Wowee Wednesday, does it? I digress... Diana has got it all folks, beauty, brains and talent!

I was fortunate enough a few years back to have been able to see the talented Ms. Krall onstage and she was absolutely magnificent. What a show! Live in Paris is one of my favorites, and the recording is great too...:)
Diana always reminds me of the female version of Harry Connick Jr. in that she started playing and singing jazz very early, gained a firm grasp of the genre, and has made a stellar career mainly singing standards. You'd be hard pressed to find another artist that garners the respect and admiration she has amassed.
In 2003, Diana married rock royalty Elvis Costello.
Poor kids will most likely be talentless...

And you have to be something in order to sing with the Muppets on Sesame Street! However, I'm hard pressed to notice anything except the beautiful woman tickling the ivories!


Diana's latest release "Quiet Nights" dropped yesterday and is wonderful, of course.

No comments: