Saturday, February 09, 2008

jai guru deva om

I just finished watching "Across the Universe" a film directed by the brilliant Julie Taymor. It's a groovy little film that is set in the 60's but honestly spoke to political landscape of today just as easily. It's eerie how things from that time in history slide right into our struggles of today.

The film is beautifully done and features some up and coming actors that will no doubt make their mark on the mainstream soon. Even if they don't, I'm glad I know about them. In particular, Evan Rachel Wood has a brilliant career about to unfold. Natural.

The film reminded me somewhat of "Hair", but more importantly reminded me of the brillaince of The Beatles, both as a group and as individuals. Absolutely genius. I hope you check it out.

No comments: