Friday, May 23, 2008

music to check out

I don't know how all of you feel, but I have long been disgusted/disappointed/bored with the state of music from America. Frankly, we are stuck in a rut. I've heard very little from our shores that inspires, much less moves me to purchase. Even Madonna's latest is pretty mundane and boring. I know. Don't worry I just slapped myself for you.

Luckily, I have XM Radio which carries the channel UPOP, music from across the pond, and I am able to get a feel for what they are doing over there musically. I am also in search of someone to fill Amy Winehouse's show since she can't seem to get her act together. I also watch NewNowNext on LOGO and occasionally, very occasionally, they will play a gem. So, blah blah blah...

Here are three ladies worth a closer look. Let's see if you can shake the earworms they give you!?? Pause the sidebar player and enjoy.
"Mercy" by Duffy



"Chasing Pavements" by Adele


"Where I Stood" by Missy Higgins

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved all three songs! bh