Saturday, June 07, 2008

Remarkable

I watched with sadness, and hope today as Hillary Clinton suspended her campaign to be the first female president.
I was so proud to hear her speak of the strides that have been made in the last year as she and Barack Obama sometimes slugged it out to the finish line. She has made me proud to be a supporter, a Democrat, and most of all to be a woman. As she said in her speech today,
"You can be so proud that, from now on, it will be unremarkable for a woman to win primary state victories, unremarkable to have a woman in a close race to be our nominee, unremarkable to think that a woman can be the President of the United States. And that is truly remarkable."
Well said.
I'm also proud to say that I am one of nearly 18 million little cracks made in the glass ceiling of politics.
I think we can all agree that this has been a grueling primary season. These candidates have proved themselves in so many ways and their resilience and stamina is incredible and, I think, unheard of. My heart is, and has been with Hillary, but it is now time to focus on Barack as an incredible leader that will take the helm in January. I am excited to finally have a candidate to focus on for the general election. I'm also excited that we have such a strong candidate in Barack Obama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will always think she is/was the best candidate. bh