Thursday, October 23, 2008

O-bam-a, O-bam-a

Folks, I have to tell you that there is nothing like going to a political rally when we are so close to the end. So close to the finish line. So close to witnessing history, change and healing in our country. If you have the chance to go to a rally in the next 12 days, do it. Your heart will swell.
Michelle Obama graced our city today with a visit to promote Barack, of course, but also to encourage early voting. I live in a swing state, and early voting has never been more important. We voted yesterday and filling in a bubble on a scan-tron never felt so good! I encourage all of you, if your state participates, to vote early. Don't leave it all to November 4th. You never know what could be happening in your city or your life that day. Do it now to make sure it gets done. Let nothing stand in the way of your vote.

Now let's talk about how wonderfully fabulous Michelle Obama is: beautiful, smart, funny, driven, poised, focused, beautiful, motivated, genuine, convincing, beautiful, and did I mention beautiful?
Although my feet and lower legs may need a week to recover from standing on the cobbled streets of downtown for 3 1/2 hours, it was worth every minute! Early reports have the well-behaved, courteous crowd at 11,000! Wow!

I was caught off-guard, when my own emotion got the best of me during the Pledge of Allegiance. The sound of thousands of voices pledging in unison was an unmistakable plea for healing and change in our country. As this thought crossed my mind, I spent the remainder of the pledge trying in vain to suppress my tears of pride. It was a nice moment to have today, since the last few years have been void of such emotion for me. So here are some of my pics. Enjoy them! I'm giving big props to my new Cannon 55-250mm zoom lens!

2 comments:

Revday said...

Awesome. Really. O-bam-a!
Won't it be great to be proud of our country again?!

Bren B said...

Being at the rally was so exciting!!!