Sunday, January 25, 2009

OK, who blabbed?

So my previous post was a bit vague, and that was by design. I think I made it clear that I was afraid to share my plans for last Thursday lest I jinx my chances of a really cool evening. Well, the evening didn't turn out as planned but was cool nonetheless and I got to spend the evening with talented, passionate women who have devoted much of their lives to making sure others have a voice and a choice.
I attended the Feminist Women's Health Center Awards Ceremony in Atlanta. Wowee of the Year 2008, Rachel Maddow was due to be in attendance, but unfortunately we only got a video appearance and I think it most likely had something to do with the fact that Robert Redford was live in her studio that night. Career-wise, Robert Redford will always win out for a journalist!
Instead, we were serenaded by the magnificent Phoebe Snow, and I was so fortunate to have had a nice conversation with David Bender, from Air America's Politically Direct. David excitedly gave me a white knot, and I couldn't have been more excited to pin it on.

I was also fortunate enough to speak with a new-to-me author named Jennifer Baumgardner about her books, her passion and love of Spanish Moss. I picked up Jennifer's book Abortion & Life and look forward to reading it this week.

Thank you to my friend the Rev for thinking of me when another ticket appeared. I am honored to have been a part.

No comments: