Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SPIN ALERT

It's going to be easy to jump on the "Hillary is such a bitch!" bandwagon today as the media plays this interchange over and over.
Before you make a snap judgment, take into consideration that Hillary was in the Democratic Republic of the Congo a place notorious for it's views on women and rife with sexual violence against women.

Is it any wonder Hill snapped back when a translated question, turned into what her husband, Bill, thought of the topic?

"You want me to tell you what my husband thinks?"
"My husband is not secretary of state, I am"
"If you want my opinion, I will tell you my opinion,"
"I am not going to be channeling my husband."

Taken out of context and forgetting the fact that the poor student's question was translated incorrectly, this interchange looks bad for Hillary to be sure, but it also feeds the Right's need to squash a strong Democratic woman. You know, not at all like the Congo....

No comments: