Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Wowee Wednesday

The Beatles
You'd be hard pressed to find another band or group of writers who have made a bigger mark on popular music than The Beatles. Go ahead--just try.
When we were children (assuming you are my age) our parents most likely were fresh out of the throws of being a teenager and mooning over John, Paul, George, and Ringo. Some of our parents actually saw their historic appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show and witnessed their march up our charts and into our hearts. That's pretty cool.
I grew up studying the cover of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album cover while listening to the vinyl disc inside. I knew I by heart. Because my parents albums were always unorganized, I was under the impression that the Abbey Road music accompanied the ornate cover of Sgt Pepper. (Similarly, I thought The Who's Who Are You went with the Led Zeppelin III cover)
Are you ready for the second British invasion of The Beatles? Well, you better prepare because it happens today!
EA, Harmonix, and MTV Games is releasing The Beatles: Rock Band today for gaming consoles and the thought of a whole new generation getting exposed to these four fabulous guys via a video game is just awesome! I haven't decided yet whether we will purchase the game or not. Frankly, the music is too good to have me ruin it with my inept attempts at guitar and singing. What's that? Drums you say are maybe my thing? Oh silly...have you met me?

2 comments:

Bren B said...

Such talent!!! WOWEE!!!!

g8rlane said...

Why thank you!! How kind!
Wait..was that for me or the...Beatles..oh..heh (blush)