Thursday, June 19, 2008

won't be registered at Wal Mart

After telling someone in conversation that we were going to LA soon, she asked me disgustedly, "You're not going out there to get married are you?" My immediate response was, in my opinion, the only thing I could say: "No, but what if we were?"

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me tell you that I have rarely seen such a display of what we here in the south call, crawfishin'. All of the sudden this person was all "Oh well I was going to say "You better tell me if you do!" in a fashion that would suggest that she had already bought a wedding gift.

Herein lies the problem with so called open-minded conservatives that want to keep one toe in the progressive/liberal pool (the vast majority of people living here): you can't pretend to embrace liberals and be open to change all the while listening to Brush Lintball and driving around town with a Rudy 08 sticker on your minivan. It will catch up with you eventually, and when it does you will feel just a stupid as you sound.

No comments: