Sunday, April 26, 2009

RIP Bea Arthur

So, so sad so hear of Bea Arthur's passing yesterday. Although she was absent from the spotlight for the last few years, for me it always comforting to know she was still around.
My first memory of Bea was the episode of "All in the Family" when Maude, Edith's cousin, arrives to help the family. It was the episode that created the turning point in television. That cameo led to one of my favorite sitcoms, "Maude". (It's no surprise my scooter was born to be known as Maude.)
There was just something about Maude, for me, that resonated and rang true.
Strong. Outspoken. Forceful. Funny. Tall. At 42, I finally get it.

The stage, screen and landscape will be bare without you.

2 comments:

Revday said...

Her passing reminds me of when women could be strong with out all the manufactured sex appeal. An era has passed along with you Bea. Blessings.

g8rlane said...

here, here.